Header Ads

Seo Services

Technology I Can Statements for the Classroom Teacher

Technology I Can Statements blog post
Our classrooms and our students are changing. With all of the new technology available to us on a daily basis it is no surprise that students are coming into our classrooms with more and more skills each year. As educators, we need to keep up through research and playing with these devices ourselves! I know we don't have the time to become fluent in everything technology, so I created a product to help us out. I am very excited to introduce "Technology I Can Statements" 
Interneka Affiliate Program Tracking Software
Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture
For K-2nd grades I focused on building technology vocabulary as well as skills like double-clicking, keyboarding, and using a computer mouse to illustrate ideas. The set with large, half-page posters go directly with your other I Can statements because they were pulled directly from the common core statements and then matched with the ISTE NETS for students, which we are all required to teach! The quarter-page I Can statements are meant to go by your computer stations and focus on actual skills required to be successful in the modern classroom. 
Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture
The posters for grades 3-5 could even be used as task cards for your students. You will see I Can statements like " We can use technology with our class and our teacher to make predictions related to topics that we are studying," and "I can adjust layers in a presentation program." These will help your students become problem solvers when using technology and certainly build their skills. With any of the quarter-page I Can statements you will gain access to a website with curated technology activities sorted by common core standard- that alone is worth the cost of the product, which is only $5! 
Click to set custom HTML
Imagine your administrators coming in for your next observation and seeing I Can statements for technology skills hanging on your walls or in your pocket chart. Even better, imagine them watching your students using technology independently and completing tasks even your administrators don't know how to do! You and your students need these!
In the very near future I am going to post technology task cards for each grade level, so come back often and I will let you know when they are done. 
Picture

Email Newsletter Sign Up

* indicates required
Email Format

No comments