Header Ads

Seo Services

Engage your Students in Learning Internet Safety with these Activities you Need to Try

Engage your Students in Learning Internet Safety with these Activities you Need to Try

Internet Safety Interactive Notebooks

Teaching internet safety and digital citizenship is a huge undertaking for any classroom teacher. It is such a big responsibility to help our students understand the expectations of interacting with others online. I've had parents request that I teach certain topics because their child is making bad choices at home. I stick with the common sense media lessons because that is what my district recommends, and it gives me the confidence to say that I taught what was required and not pander to specific requests. Let's be honest, some of this should be parenting decisions, not solely in the hands of teachers!

Because of all of this, I put together some foldables to help me teach the lessons. I use interactive notebooks in my classroom, so it was only natural to use them for these lessons. These foldables are meant to supplement the lessons we are required to teach. Most of them include vocabulary, essential questions, a graphic organizer, and reflection prompt and/or essential question.
I am responsible for teaching internet safety and digital citizenship to grades k-5 so I worked hard to create engaging activities for every grade level. The pictures included in this post are a sampling of the different grade level activities. In each product download I included both the technology standards and the common core standards for the corresponding grade levels.
I hope that these can help you feel more confident about teaching your students these critical skills. 


Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Email Format


Engage your Students in Learning Internet Safety with these Activities you Need to Try

No comments